Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

feint instead of faint

You've probably heard Motherhood is not for the faint of heart. (See I can spell..mostly) I agree, however, I like putting on positive and creative twists. I think moms are warriors combating chaos and dirty dishes.If you look up feint in the dictionary it means a deceptive movement while boxing or fencing meant to disarm your opponent.

Now if your 2 yr old is running around naked and your in-laws are going to be arriving in say 15 minutes. Do you want to sit there twisting your hands going "oh dear, please stop and listen to mommy". Or do you want to be able to stand on the other side of your bedroom door getting ready. Turn and give THE LOOK and have them all stop in their tracks. Me personally I prefer the latter. (Not that I have perfected THE LOOK that can take years or even decades) If I sat around all day waiting for kids to listen, hmmmm, well they'd starved to death long ago at the very least. They keep ya on your toes you always have to be ready with a "feint".

In our home there's 4 kids (ages 7,5, 4.5, and 2) one husband, 3 dogs, 2 snakes, Norbit the dragon, Cupid the pink (yep I said pink) tarantula, a guinea pig, and a beta. Chaos is here to stay at least another 16 yrs I have yet to beat it but I can try to manage it. Heck it keeps you entertained as long as you remember you have the first 18 then you have sporadic visits from kids and maybe grandbabies (hallejuah!) But you have to live with the one you chose to father those kids another 60 yrs(this can be a challenge if said hubby isn't trained properly earlier on). So try not to resent the stretch marks and gray hair its a uniform all mothers are given.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All my city slickers tell me what ya think.