Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hide and Follow

     I am exhausted! I have spent hours hiding from my children. Why hide? Because then I know they'll never leave my side. It never fails, you leave their sight they instantly become velcro. Ask any mother of a toddler whose tried to bathe or potty by themselves.

    It started innocently enough. I left my children doing their reading in the classroom. I was not even in my bedroom completely. The door was not even clicked shut. *knock knock knock* "Mom, what are you doing?"   I don't know, packing for Antarctica! What do you think I am doing I walked away ten seconds ago. I send Bella back to the classroom and turn to Honeybear. *knock knock knock* "Mom, are you coming back?" From Antarctica? Maybe. Let's see how it goes. I send Madison back, with stern directions to go finish her reading and I will be back shortly, making sure to include Degan who's standing exactly seven paces behind his sister.

    Thirty seconds later. *knock knock knock knockknockkno-* Whhhaaatt?! "Mom, can I go to the bathroom?"  At this precise moment I get a flashback to my school days and want to reply "I don't know can you?" But knowing how long that interaction could take, I wearily reply, "Yes, just hurry up and get back to your reading." As I watch my oldest turn I see my youngest approaching again. "Yessss?" Apparently my tone said enough cause the smile faded and she quickly turned back towards the classroom.

    Martin walks out of the bathroom and I follow him around the end of the hallway to where I can see all of them at once. "I am going in to my room to discuss the lab with your father. If anyone knocks on that door in the next two minutes, you'll do sentences instead of lab today." Utter silence.

     Two minutes later....I walk out of my room and hear giggling. No children in view. They're all hiding under the classroom table. So I spent the rest of the day hiding from them. Never had a second of piece...who'da thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All my city slickers tell me what ya think.